About Cincinnati Children's Innovation Ventures
Cincinnati Children's has been a leader in medical innovation for more than 80 years. Breakthroughs have included --
- the Sabin oral polio vaccine.
- the rotavirus vaccine.
- the first practical heart-lung machine.
- the first successful bone marrow transplant for sickle cell disease.
- the identification of surfactant proteins as a routine treatment for respiratory distress syndrome in premature infants.
- the first human esophagus organoid grown from pluripotent stem cells.
Researchers and clinicians at Cincinnati Children’s continue to innovate every day.
Innovation Ventures plays a key role in facilitating the translation of discoveries into improved clinical care for children. We protect our innovations through patents; assist in further developing technologies through commercially-driven funding and research partnerships; and deliver products to the market through licensing and the creation of start-up companies.