Cincinnati Children’s has created several start-up companies based on Cincinnati Children’s technologies – attracting additional investment and creating hundreds of biotech jobs in our region and across the nation.
Our Start-up Companies:
- Airway Therapeutics is developing new interventions for acute and chronic lung diseases in the most vulnerable of patients, beginning with premature infants.
- Aruvant Sciences is developing and commercializing gene therapies for hematological diseases utilizing reduced-intensity conditioning.
- Baergic Bio is focused on the development and commercialization of novel therapeutics for the treatment of central nervous system disorders.
- Bexion Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing innovative cures for cancer.
- Clarigent Health is bringing science to mental health. Clarigent is developing clinical decision support for suicide ideation and other mental health issues.
- Enable Injections develops and manufactures devices that allow patient self-administration of high volume/viscosity drugs.
- Hive Networks improves the quality of life and health outcomes of people with chronic conditions, harnessing the power of learning health networks.
- Kurome Therapeutics is developing therapies that target cancer cells that have co-opted immune signaling pathways in order to avoid destruction by traditional therapeutic agents and subvert adaptive resistance mechanisms.
- Xact Medical is developing Fast Intelligent Needle Delivery (FIND), which automates precision needle placement under ultrasound guidance.
- Acquired: Assurex Health was acquired by Myriad Genetics and became Myriad Neuroscience, a personalized medicine company that specializes in pharmacogenomics.